Ideal

An ideal post, according to the Big Book of Everything, should be a melange of ideas, with a lot of bullets, some bits about your life, a few pj's, a nice quote, some poetry, all rounded off with a good song suggestion. Today, I am going to vie for that perfect post.

Well then, I'm at my fag end of my summer holidays and I'm not proud to say I haven't done anything at all. Except maybe for my having taken up squash and my new love for 12th class physics courtesy the three fantastic gents Mr Halliday, Mr Resnick and Mr Walker who wrote one very interesting book Fundamentals of Physics. Other than that I've watched a whole lot of movies; I just watched The Hangover today, no review, I'm not an expert critic :P. But let's just say it was a very engaging movie with a couple of real good laughs. Anyway the weather is great. I've changed my mind about summer being my fave season. It's summer in winters and winters in summers and monsoon for the rest of the year. I've also taken up games on facebook - Mafia Wars and Cube Field both highly addictive and extremely time consuming. Also I watched almost every A Bit of Fry and Laurie sketch there is on youtube. Pure british Comedy. Watch it or you'll be missing something good.

In my free time I've made pj's(poor jokes) and p + ij's (complex pj's; thus represented because It's Really poor and the joke part is pretty much imaginary). Here's some which I made on my way to tuition one day-

Q. The Liver said something funny and everyone but the skin laughed. Why?
A. Because it was an inside joke.

This next one is strictly for Biology people -
Q. Why is Lycopodium a party animal?
A. Because it's a club moss.
HaHa, there we can be funny too.. Oh well, it's not that great. But at least we're funnier than engineers.

Q. Why did the SMS go to the party with a saucepan on his head?
A. because nobody used Caps anymore.

Ok this is the last one. Don't cry. I know,I know these jokes are AWESOME - But that's how life is, all Awesome things come to an end.
Q. Why was the mountaineer annoyed with his maps?
A. Because they were not to scale.

It's the first time I've missed the life quote of the month but since I'm just a day late, I guess I can be forgiven.

Doing nothing takes a lot of time.


That's included in the definition of summer holidays for most people including me. Poetry time now, I think, here is a poem which wasn't written with anyone in mind. I wrote it for a friend who needed something of this kind and then he didn't use it because his nerve failed. Well I couldn't help him with that. Anyway here it is -

In Words

Love has no mercy
Love has no cure
Love has no limit
Love like mine so pure

With each passing day
And with each moment trickling by
My growing love brightens
Yet, each day I resign with a sigh

I feel you presence all the time
I take your name in every breath
I see you image through the day
My love is deep, the ocean's depth

My passion can no longer rest
in my heart alone
The truth I have been putting off
overflows, cannot be postponed

Mere words cannot begin to tell
My heart's burning desire
Love stronger than I ever felt before,
it blazes like a wildfire

For someone who had aided me
when I had lost all sense
It's someone who remained a friend
in times so troubled and tense

My time has come
I'm sure i can't wait any longer
My love lays before you -
Purer , Deeper , Stronger.


Not so good, by own standards I think.

The ideal post nears an end with this fantastic song...It's Shiver by Coldplay.



Ok so, that's pretty much everything folks.

20 comments:

I am said...

oh, the pj's were a real treat, reminded me of a pj war!

the poem made me go "aww!"

:)
coldplay is awesome!

VibrantSoul said...

The PJ's were not quite P actually :P
I confess, I did laugh (except at the Biology one). Either they were actually good, or I've lost my sense of humour.

Espèra said...

Shiver is SO awesome, innit? I always found it surprising how no one had heard of this song.

And, just btw, you guys aren't a bit funnier than engineers. Heh.

Okayy ... Facebook. I'll add you, shall I? Would you be on AnyRude's friends list?

I wrote a friendship poem for my best friend, but she went and pwned mine with just one hour of hard work. Maybe I'll put it up on my blog ... Her poem I mean. Mine ain't worth reading. Cheesy shite.

What I never figured was why the book's called Halliday n Resnick n Walker when the author's someone called Jearl something.

Now to end my long[ish] comment.
=P

Anirudh Garg said...

Oye even I agree with the lqotm...
Very deep and true I MUST say..

ANd Mafia Wars..I too have been addicted by it..But I am a bit bored of it now..
I am at level 43..WHat about you??

Manmeet Singh said...

First of all, those PJs of yours were too "awesome" in the other way and they were even worse than the PJs of my physics teacher at insti.
Anyways, churning out great PJs is also an act of class,which everyone can't do.

and the poem is really good,seriously. I liked it very much.

Quicksilver said...

I am -

pj war between which two parties? someone I know?

If liked that poem then you'll love one which I wrote during 2 successive psy classes. Maybe that's the place where i get my inspiration ;)

VibrantSoul -

Not quite p, eh? :D that was good.
Come on AV, you stopped after just one post, you can do better!

Espera -

Very much... which Coldplay songs do like best??
Mine are life in Technicolor and Your love
means everything

We are!! Have you actually heard engineer jokes. I get lots from my brother. I think its something they do with students' brains in engineering college - everything they say comes out sciency. the jokes - They'll make you squirm, mind you.

Not on FB, i use my bro's account to use applications, he doesn't mind.
And haan, post the poem, I'm really fond of cheesy shite.
And yeah, i think you've been misled..the book's name is fundamentals of physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker. You've been reading something else i think.

Anirudh -
thanks love.
Ha! I'm at level 97.. and yeah its not my account. I don't have an FB account because its too much trouble to make (i think).

MS -
Wow, thanks man. Have you heard any good pj's lately?
BTw, have you decided what you'll take in 11th? If so tell me.

Anonymous said...

I loved this post! You are getting better and better day by day, you see this post has an honest vibrancy that your previous posts were starting to lack. Basically you started caring more about writing itself than expressing yourself. So lets keep it this way, shall we?

Oh and how can you stand facebook? It is has to be the most neurotic invention ever. Yes it even beats sliced bread. Surely no one wants minute to minute updates of their "friends" lol comments on lol cats?? Surely they can see that it can be useful too? Instead of sitting and going through applications all day long. BTW add me too...

That was supposed to be ironic.

I actually laughed at those jokes. Imagine that I went from not laughing at George Carlin to laughing at P±iJ s that is a drop in standards. While we are at it I confess that I loved your poem. Are you completely sure that you don't want to become a poet/writer when you grow up?

Lastly, how have you been its been a long time since we talked and I was thinking about you. So is everything okay with everything?

P.S.-Try out lost and viva la vida by coldplay. They are insanely great!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the lack of punctuation blackberrys aren't that helpful in this regard...

Anirudh Garg said...

So u play it at zynga?? or wtvr it is :|

Espèra said...

First of all, if my coaching friends are any standard, all engineer jokes involve a huge amount of X-rated matter.
Heh.

I haven't heard Your Life Means Everything. I like Lost, Yellow, their classic Speed of Sound, Shiver and Under the Tracks.

And dude, no, I've been reading that very same book, and you just go and open your copy's cover, okay? It says someone else, entirely different is the author. So there.

Ravi Punj said...

@PJ-War
If I guessed correctly, which I know I did, this PJ-War took place between me and Deepti(you know her?) on our 11th class waali school trip where we went to some mountanious place. we still don't know what the place was, except that the whole thing was called camp churdhar.

So, coming back to this war; Deepti had been like the undisputed champ of Pjs for quite some time, and some just HAD to challenge her. So, I did. :D
And after about 30-40 Pjs in all, no one won. :|

Doesn't sound much interesting now, does it? Bah... Good times, still.

Nice po-yam. Worthwhile Pjs. Mafia Wars is addictive. You should play it outside facebook. The facebook-waala interface isn't as good. Cube Field. No one's ever beaten my top score till now, in my list that is.

"Feet Won't Touch the Ground" is also a good one by Coldplay. Kind of passively energising.

Quicksilver said...

Anonymous -

Thank you so much, that comment was good fun reading. A bit of flattery there I reckon? ;)
And yeah, i can't add you on facebook because - a)I don't have an account and b)You didn't give your name.
So drop a hint, k?

Thanks about the poem. You know what, I'll put in another one in my next post.
And we've talked before? Really? Wow.

Oh yes, Lost! and Viva la Vida, are both 5-starrers on my playlist. It's not only the awesome music but the meaning that's in the lyrics.

Ani -

The zynga app on facebook. And I'm pretty sure you can play both Cuba and NY simultaneously. Try it out again.

Espera -

As I said, wait for after college. Or come to my school, we have some early bloomers in on of the comp science sections.

I just checked out under the tracks - it's fantastic. Really.

The book? Yes - its authored by David Halliday, Robert Resnick and Jearl Walker. So there. Right back at ya.

Ravi -

God. A pj war. I'd have given anything to be there. I was once a part of a bad simile war (Anirudh might remember this) but that didn't get me anywhere.

What is your score in cube field? I'd like to try for that.

Feet won't Touch the ground is Life in Technicolor ii and it's one of my favourites. Really nice song.

Anirudh Garg said...

Playing Cuba means starting a business all voer again
Which is highly boring
I'm fine with NYC :|

Bad Simile war?? I don't have clear idea..just a faint memory.
Elaborate.

Espèra said...

Haw! That means they've been cheating me! Mine just says Jearl Walker. Haw haw haw! The 3 names on the cover are just for display.
No WONDER I was confused.
I have been cheated.

I love sciency jokes! Like the stupid one which goes like:
"Kid trips on stone and falls. Instead of calling for his mother, he says "F! F!" Why?"
Ans: F = Ma.

Actually this one's pretty flawed. But here's a pickup line I made:
"Are you like an aromatic compound? Cuz you smell really good!"
To that, a guy told me that aromatic compounds stink and said to go sniff an ester.
:\
Some people, I tell you.

Anonymous said...

@Quicksilver:

I am your original anonymous commenter, who came with the blog.

Quicksilver said...

Ani -
You don't remember the bad simile contest :O
you were the judge. and I had won.

What's eleborate?

Espèra -

I thought the kid was using F! as a euphemism.

Unusual pick-up line..wonder who it will work on?
I've actually had the fortune of sniffing an ester; it had a queer smell of cough syrup, I remember.

Anonymous -
I had a feeling about that, but you seemed oddly cheery instead of having that pensive philosophical disposition :D
So how are you? Going good?

aditi said...

the pjs were awesome!
got all of them obviously! :)
start a new type.like lqotm .. :)

Quicksilver said...

Being a bio student has its perks, eh?
I don't know if i'll be consistent with pj's like the lqotm. they don't come that easily :D

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am going high on cloud nine.

How have you been?

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!